Sanitary Conveying Solution
Chain-Vey’s customized Clean-In-Place System is flexible, stress-free, and automated sanitary conveying solution. The CIP cart, in conjunction with the CIP turnaround and drive units, provides a selection of customizable high pressure water, foam, or flooded-system cleanings.
After rinsing, the cart pumps warm, dry air throughout the system to dry the entire Chain-Vey for quick resumption of operation. The cart can then be quickly detached and wheeled to other Chain-Veys for staggered cleanings as part of routine operations.
With foam cleaning, a cleaning that might otherwise consume hundreds of gallons of heated water for a fully flooded cycle can be done with a fraction of water and energy—while exceeding all sanitation specifications.
Flavorings, allergens, sanitation-sensitive products, pharmaceutical, and high purity applications are well answered by the Chain-Vey’s robust CIP system. Passes all swab tests; ATP, Aerobic Plate Count, Coliform, Bi-Luminous.
Advantages of Chain-Vey CIP Sanitary Conveyors
- Water-tight flanged construction with automated cleaning system eliminates manual cleaning methods
- Reduces system downtime required for cleaning by 75% compared to non-CIP methods
- Unlike comparable pneumatic systems, CIP systems do not require disassembly for cleaning
- Customizable control system for your application and supervisory system
- Process tracking, such as water temperature and detergent concentration
- Tested and proven to pass all swab testing, including aerobic plate count, coliform and bi-luminous
- Quick changeover between difficult-to-clean products
“We made the switch to a flanged, full wet-wash Chain-Vey and it delivered on what we needed.”
―Stephan Jenkins, Pure Point Foods
1. CLEAN-IN-PLACE CLEANING CART
Fully-automated and metered rinse, high-pressure detergent wash, sanitizing and heated dry cycles with touch-screen controls.
2. CLEAN-IN-PLACE 180° TENSION UNIT
Includes direct spray nozzles for chain and discs, 360° spray nozzles to clean box and tri-clover nozzle connections. Also incorporates automated drain valve for sequential filling and draining of the conveyor line.
3. PRODUCT INLET
The entry point into the Clean-In-Place conveying system. Can be outfitted with standard or custom transitions.
4. PRODUCT SIGHT GLASS
Enables viewing during conveying and is made from a clear polycarbonate with the same dimensions as the stainless steel piping.
5. WATER-TIGHT FLANGED PIPE CONNECTION
Concentric flange design to create sanitary metal-to-metal pipe seam connection and compressed gasket for sealing.
6. SWEEP ELBOW
Used for gentle changes in pipe direction, sweep elbows are specially bent from seamless pipe to precise dimensional tolerances and uniform concentricity. Based on requirements, elbows are available in a variety of angles and radii for complete flexibility of your system layout.
7. CLEAN-IN-PLACE 180° DRIVE UNIT
An outboard gearmotor drives the chain and pucks at the 180° drive unit. Adjustable Teflon packing seals the drive shaft as it enters the water-tight drive unit box. The box incorporates direct spray nozzles for chain and discs and 360° spray nozzles to clean the box interior. All nozzles and the drying port are fastened to the unit by sanitary tri-clover fittings.
8. DISCHARGE TRANSITION
Custom-designed to your application, discharge transitions are supplied to funnel product from discharge points to the desired flange connection or discharge spout.