Peter is the programs manager at MPE’s manufacturing headquarters in Chicago. He started in 2017 officially (but he’s been visiting MPE since 2011) and manages nearly all facets of grinder and Chain-Vey production improvement, from employee labor management to parts fabrication. Recently he directed the launch of the new company-wide ERP system.
Quick facts about Peter:
- Current role: Programs Manager
- Education: Bachelors in Audio Engineering, Universidad Galileo
- Bachelors in Theology, Logos Christian College
- Hometown: Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Last project worked on: Implementation of the ERP system
- Favorite daytime beverage: Good coffee, currently Onyx Colombian Gesha El Trapicha brewed using a Hario V60 pour over.
- Favorite evening beverage: A glass of malbec with my wife
What were you doing before MPE?
I was a project manager at a private foundation on the eastern coast of Guatemala.
What were some surprising things you learned at MPE?
- Listen more, talk less.
- No matter the background or the status of a person, we all have needs and things to bring to the table. It’s everyone’s job to acknowledge these and respond accordingly.
Hobbies, talents, and interests outside of work?
- I write and record my own music.
- I am an amateur barista champ…just kidding. But I do have all the toys to pretend to be one. I take my home brewing of coffee very seriously.
- My wife and I are very active in our church. We have two kids and our faith is a big part of our lives.
Biggest surprise of moving to Chicago?
The winters can be gruesome, but I do love that I can get many different kinds of foods from around the world inside such a small radius.
If you could retire today to anywhere in the world, where would that be?
The western highlands of Guatemala because I would like to have a coffee farm there some day. Or Jordan because it’s a very historical country with amazing people, beautiful landscapes and great food.
Tell us about your expectations of the new ERP system?
All our processes will be more streamlined which will allow us to serve our customers better and quicker. There’s a lot of important information inside our company that is valuable for our talented people here. With the new system, this information will be more accessible for our business, and will benefit our customers.