Alex is a process engineer on MPE’s production floor. He started at MPE in 2017 and develops new innovative ways of improving production processes and troubleshooting bottlenecks.
Quick facts about Alex:
- Current role: Process Engineer
- Education: BS in manufacturing engineering, Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Hometown: The Bronx, New York aka the Boogie Down BronxV
- Last project worked on: Set Up Reduction
- Favorite daytime beverage: A fight between Fiji water or my ZeroWater filter at home
- Favorite evening beverage: Dogfish Head 120 Minute
What were you doing before MPE?
Before coming to MPE I was an engineer at a material handling systems manufacturer, and before that a safety engineer for a railroad industry parts manufacturer.
What were some surprising things you learned at MPE?
- MPE really focuses on the relationships and we’re a very flat organization. Because my role is more project paged, I can talk with Dan (President) and Jim (General Manager) whenever and update them on things we’re working. It’s very easy to communicate with everyone here.
- Mike Baker is my direct boss. Mike is one of the geniuses behind it all. Are you reading this Mike?
Hobbies, talents, and interests outside of work?
When I’m not gaming, I am making my random ideas come to life with my 3D printer. Huge fan of paint balling and playing any kind of competitive sport. I have a micro mini pet pig named Abner.
Biggest surprise of coming from New York to Chicago?
People think the pizza here is good.
If you could retire today to anywhere in the world, where would that be?
Anywhere that the weather is warm year round with a nice white sand beach.
What do you enjoy most about your work as a process engineer?
Every day is a different task or challenge, I became an engineer because I love problem solving.