This position is responsible for pursuing sales opportunities and managing accounts within the Chain-Vey Conveyor product line for MPE. The successful candidate will also seek out potential MPE Engineered Systems opportunities as part of the Chain-Vey selling process. This position reports to the Head of Sales & Marketing.
You will be responsible for growing and managing a sales funnel with leads generated through both the company’s marketing efforts and your effective management of existing MPE accounts.
In pre-sale efforts, you will work directly with prospective customers to qualify, determine needs, qualify the application in the company’s testing lab, develop and quote the required product solution, and successfully complete the sale. After receipt of order, you will communicate technical and commercial aspects of the project to the front office, engineering, and production departments. Throughout the selling process, you will utilize Solution Sales methodologies to understand customer needs and requirements to effectively propose best-in-class equipment solutions.
- Pursue leads generated through the MPE marketing program.
- Represent MPE in the booth at company trade shows.
- Develop and propose equipment layout designs.
- Manage personal sales pipeline and existing customer accounts
- Effectively communicate with Engineering and Production departments
- Support other sales team members as necessary.
- Travel to customer facilities.
- Provide voice-of-customer feedback to engineering and production departments.
- Follow up with customers, post-sale.
Skills and Expertise
- Ability to travel 50% of time
- “Hunter” Selling Style.
- Strong presentation skills
- Organized and purposeful, adaptable and flexible.
- Excellent team players
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in industrial equipment sales
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred
- Experience in dry material processing industry preferred