The receiving position is responsible for unloading, unpacking, counting, and make the receiving transaction all incoming deliveries and packing and loading all outgoing shipments. Some internal material handling is also required.
- Typical duties: receives and unloads freight both manually or with equipment such as forklifts, crane and pallet jacks; checks for damaged goods; verifies quantity and quality of order; verifies items received with purchase order; wraps, packages, and ships supplies; delivers and retrieves supplies to and from work or storage areas; tags and issues supplies; stocks shelves and rotates inventory; may receive, store, and ship flammable, explosive or caustic and hazardous material; may assemble pallets with wood carpentry tools.
- Inventory Maintenance and Clerical
- Typical duties: participates in physical inventories of warehouse and/or supply yard; maintains inventory records by adding or deleting supplies as they are shipped or received; operates a personal computer to access, enter, and correct information; answers phones, radios and provides information using customer service skills; may provide advice regarding supplies or property including price and availability; may prepare damage claims for supervisor’s review and signature; may coordinate disposal of surplus, scrap, recyclables, property and manage records retention.
- Basic Math Skills
- Ability to communicate both written and verbal in English (Spanish speaking a plus)
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs
- Ability to sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time
- Experience driving a forklift in an industrial setting
- Experience loading and unloading truck trailers
- Computer and clerical skills
- Team player and ability to work well with others
- Must be able to organize and multi-task
- Valid driver’s license