The maintenance mechanic is responsible to troubleshoot and repair equipment breakdowns, maintain the plant facilities, and assist with improvement projects, as necessary.
- Reading machine prints and electrical schematics
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing equipment mechanically, pneumatically, and electrically
- Ability to work on facility projects including plumbing, electrical, and HVAC
- Machine or modify parts to specifications using machine tools such as milling machines, laths, shapers, or grinders.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks such as inspection, cleaning, lubrication to the proper schedule
- Assist with projects such as new equipment installation, equipment relocation, or facility improvements
- Good communications skills and willing to be part of a team
- Communicate in English both written and orally
- Be trained on the operation of power and/or hand tools.
- Provide information to management.
- Bend, stoop, lift and move objects weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Stand and walk continuously throughout an 8-hour shift
- Work in dusty and dirty conditions.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Follow instructions from superiors and multi-task as necessary