The machinist position will work under the direction of the shop supervisor to perform a variety of manual machining operations, including turning, milling, drilling, and grinding
- Must be able to machine a variety of parts to specification in an efficient time frame to meet production demands
- Ability to read engineering prints and calculate dimensions using mathematics and metrology equipment (calipers, micrometers, indicators, etc)
- Ability to operate a variety of machine tools, including knee mills, engine lathes, drill presses, and OD grinders
- Demonstrate expert knowledge machining techniques for a variety of materials. This should include knowledge of cutting feeds and speeds, tooling, coolants, and fixturing
- Perform basic maintenance of the machine tools (cleaning, lubrication, etc).
- Possess the ability to maintain an organized work area and operate in a safe manner
- Attention to detail is essential
- Be an effective communicator and demonstrate an ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Knowledge of numerical control machining a plus
- Must be able to speak and understand English, both verbal and written. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- High school graduate with good mathematics skills
- 3-5 years of experience as a machinist. Must be able to demonstrate skill set.
- Ability to work 8 hour shifts for 5 days or more a week. Excellent attendance record is necessary
- Must be able to follow direction from superiors and work independently to complete assigned tasks
- Be a team player and interact well with others
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Ability to lift to 70 lbs