MPE is seeking an experienced designer/design engineer capable of modeling and processing customized equipment and system orders to meet customers' unique needs. This individual will work with other engineers, the sales team and the end user to produce drawings for both proposal and order design requirements. This individual will also have the opportunity to assist in large scale processing plant system design. The ideal candidate will possess master level proficiency in 3D SolidWoks design and modeling as well as 2D proficiency and have excellent time management skills.
What makes this a great opportunity?
- A growing, profitable, privately held company that brings the very best people together, and the very best products to market.
- A challenging position where you shape your career path; set and reach your own career goals.
- An opportunity for exposure to large scale projects and international customers.
Benefits of employment:
- Competitive compensation package, including bonus program.
- Major medical, 401K and profit sharing.
- Training and support in developing your understanding of our business and industry.
- A fun and exciting work environment focusing on cutting edge technology.
- Located in Chicago, IL.
- Create and revise mechanical drawings associated with the company’s line of products and systems.
- Produce drawings associated with customer orders and create engineering masters within the company’s ERP system.
- Improve on existing mechanical designs as appropriate as part of the company’s R&D efforts.
- Modify existing designs as appropriate as part of design for manufacturability initiatives.
- Communicate with the manufacturing engineer when necessary to ensure seamless transition from engineering to manufacturing.
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative with limited direction.
- Ability to quickly grasp and learn technical concepts related to the company’s products and applications.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with both sales and production personnel.
- Ability to communicate efficiently through both written and verbal mediums.
- Ability to “think outside the box” and be inventive in developing solutions that meet customer needs.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire and willingness to learn.
- Exudes the company values of Results Oriented, Teamwork, and Accountability.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Master level proficiency in 3D SolidWorks design and modeling as well as 2D proficiency.
- 5 or more years of 2D and 3D mechanical drawing and modeling experience.
- Mechanical Engineering degree a plus.