This position is responsible for developing electrical drawings, BOMs, and PLC Programs for industrial roller mills and chain-vey conveyors. The role will also include customer and production support as electrical problems arise.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
You will be responsible for creating electrical drawings within AutoCAD, procuring electrical parts, and managing the panel build process to ensure panels are completed on-time. You will take ownership of standard PLC Code using Allen-Bradley software, and modify it per customer requirements. You will also work with sales to quote materials and labor for prospective projects. You will lead equipment startup and provide electrical support for commissioning in the field as well as to existing customers running equipment in a production environment.
- Creating electrical schematics & bill of materials for control panels.
- Develop and test PLC programs using RSLogix 5000 and FactoryTalk View Studio.
- Troubleshoot electrical and code irregularities.
- Provide advisory support to systems group on operation sequencing.
- Participation in R&D projects for cost reduction, capability development, and improving customer satisfaction.
Skills and Expertise
- Attention to detail.
- Organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Abstract thinking skills.
- Ability to travel 5% of time.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, or a quantitative science required.
- Experience with VFDs and ladder logic preferred.