CNC Machine Set-Up and Operator
The CNC set-up man will work under the direction of the Lead CNC Programmer and Production Supervisor to set-up and operate CNC milling and turning machines.
- Set-up and operate three and four axis mills, and two and three axis lathes
- Read engineering prints and understand requirements. Must have knowledge of GD&T.
- Understanding of CNC programs and code
- Knowledge of machining concepts and principles (feeds, speeds, tooling, etc.)
- Meet all quality standards on all parts produced. Be able to measure parts to the engineering drawing and perform adjustments and offsets as necessary
- Ensure production is running efficiently and to the time standard
- Participate in lean manufacturing activities to increase productivity and reduce waste
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Perform other functions as instructed
- Must be able to speak and understand English, both verbal and written. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- High school graduate with good mathematics skills
- Completion of a technical training program in CNC
- 3-5 years of experience setting up and operating CNC machines. Must be able to demonstrate skill set. Experience with Mazak CNC machines and Mazatrol is a plus.
- Ability to work 8 hour shifts for 5 days or more a week. Excellent attendance record is necessary
- Must be able to follow direction from superiors and work independently to complete assigned tasks
- Be a team player and interact well with others
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Ability to lift to 70 lbs