Inside Sales Engineer
The Inside Sales Engineer Position supports a team of eight sales engineers in selling capital equipment worldwide within the coffee, food, chemical and mineral industries. After a period of Inside Sales experience, this position transitions to Outside Sales.
- Support sales team by assisting with calls and emails, generating budgetary and formal equipment quotes.
- Generating 2D and 3D CAD drawings of proposed equipment.
- Organize and test various products in our test lab.
- Contacting and working with rep groups and customers to organize details and support sales projects.
- Travel to several industry trade shows to promote MPE equipment and services.
- Expected travel is 10% for Inside Sales Engineer, and 20-30% for Outside Sales Engineer positions.
- Learn product line and sales skills required to succeed as an Outside Sales Engineer.
- Shadow salespeople on calls and appointments to learn industry and sales skills.
- Expect time spent in production and engineering (first ~6 months) to gain in depth technical product knowledge.
Skills and Expertise
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with 2D and 3D software (Ex. SolidWorks, AutoCad, etc.)
- Technical education or technical skills and ability to learn the technical product line a must.
- Time management, prioritizing tasks, and organizational skills are important.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent team collaboration skills. This position will interface with the sales team, customers, engineering, and 15 international rep offices.
MPE is dedicated to leading in the invention, development, and manufacture of our industry’s most advanced processing equipment including grinders, conveyors, and total system solutions. As part of MPE’s team you will contribute to the growth of our core product lines in a fast pace, dynamic, and rewarding environment. Embodying a “work hard – play hard” mentality, MPE’s Team will make you feel part of the family providing opportunities for continued professional development and opportunities to advance your career within MPE.